Monday, September 29, 2008

Blow dryer help needed

According to several of my friends here at work, I don't do so hot with blow dryers. The current blow dryer has over the last few weeks been making some type of noise as if it is struggling to do its blow-drying duties. I flipped it on yesterday morning to get ready for church and it emitted some noise that I could only imagine a terradactyl might make. I quickly switched it off and resigned myself to heading to church with a wet mop. When I arrived at church, Kyle said, "You stayed in bed for a while this morning, didn't you?" assuming that I had slept in and hadn't had enough time to blow dry my hair (this from the guy who has slept through his finals!). Today, I also went to work with a wet head though it was considerably drier at work than it had been at church (thank God it is still 90 degrees here!).

My previous blow dryer met the trash can after it proceeded to shoot flaming fireballs of death at my head. That morning I went to work with half of my hair dry, much worse than either alternative.

So in short, I must purchase a new blow dryer. Does anyone have any reliable recommendations for a girl with straight, fine, thick hair that hates spending time styling her hair and does not like to fork out dough on anything, much less a blow dryer?