Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Quick Update

I haven't blogged in a few weeks so I thought I would put up a quick update until I have the chance to really post something. Okay...what's been going on...hmmm...

We had DNow this past weekend and around 25 youth showed up and we had a wonderful weekend. Kyle's messages were good, the teachers were excellent, and I think everyone had a good time. I think it was a time of spiritual growth and unity for the youth ministry. Josh Reardon flew in from KY to lead worship. He did a great job and I was glad to see Kyle getting to hang out with an old friend.

Rylie is growing like a weed. Kyle said we should stop feeding her so she'll stay little. I tried to explain that it didn't work that way but he didn't understand (silly boys). We're still trying to teach her how to walk on a leash but she's pretty well comprehended sit (in calm situations). She's gotten stay down about 75% of the time in non-distracting environments.

Mom and MawMaw are coming out next Monday so I'm excited about that. They're driving out and bringing a piano that Mom bought at an estate sale. They'll be here during Spring Break but I'll still have to work most of the week.

School is going well. I am about to start researching for a paper on Christian Perfectionism, a doctrine that Wesley developed that Christians could become perfect in this life (it's funny that he never claimed to have reached it himself and he drastically limited his definition of sin...it'll be interesting to research).

That's about all for now. I hope to post DNow pictures soon. I'm still behind on a few other sets of pictures. Sorry! Have a spectacular week!

Oh, yeah...I had jury duty on Friday and Monday. Our group sat through 6 plea bargains...very boring stuff but I'm glad I could help our judicial system.

No comments: