Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SUCCESS!

Yep, my first Thanksgiving was a success. The turkey tasted wonderful (thanks for the tip, Melba). Nothing caught on fire. No one got sick. And the Cowboys won. Not too bad. Mom and Kyle were great helps on Thanksgiving, Kyle chopping and cutting and Mom making the green beans and corn. I was very thankful to get to spend time with my family. Dad busted out his shorts for the trip. They were appropriate the first few days he was here and then a cold front swept in and made him rethink his vacation attire, especially when we were out in Dallas walking around on the Grassy Knoll. I showed my skill in Guitar Hero (okay, so I only have skill compared to Mom who just hits random buttons and giggles when she tries to play). We took a trip to Ripley's, the Wax Museum, the Maze of Mirrors, and the Grassy Knoll. The Grassy Knoll was overrun with conspiracy theorist, not that all of what they say is false...but there were several there ready to sell something or to give you their spin on the assassination of JFK. Bub requested we go there and I think he enjoyed it. My favorite part might have been the Maze of Mirrors. Mom kept getting lost. The rest of us had already made it through a time or two and Mom was still in there wondering around so we had to go rescue her. Good times.

The fun is over though. It's back to the old grind stone (is that the correct expression?...for some reason now I can't remember). On Thursday Kyle and I are going to see a production of the Messiah put on by Southwestern and the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra. I'm excited about that. It should be a nice evening. When we went to the event at Bass Hall, it was so relaxing just to sit back and take in the wonderful sounds.

And a quick side note, the Everman Bulldogs have made it through the first two rounds of the play-offs. I'm not used to rooting for a high school football team that actually wins (OC had trouble in my day). It's a nice change.

No comments: